Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

View Stats:
Woland May 14, 2020 @ 9:00pm
Ori and the Will of the Wisps Patch 2
Dear Ori Fans,

We’d like to thank all of you for the heartwarming words of support, constructive feedback, and patience as we improve the game and address the issues some of you have encountered.

Our team has been very hard at work and we are extremely excited to deliver our latest patch for Ori and the Will of the Wisps, full of new features, improvements and fixes to all of you!

Patch Release Notes

New Features

• HDR Support for PC (Windows 10 and a HDR compatible display required)
  • Improved HDR visuals on Xbox consoles (with new powerful HDR settings!)
  • Dynamic Resolution Scaling (enables the game to automatically lower its rendering resolution to achieve higher framerate when necessary)
  • FPS Limit (for those that prefer locked frame-rate experience with less frame-rate fluctuation at high refresh-rate)
  • Audio Output Device Selection (to specify the device used for sound output)
  • Speaker Type Selection (better configure audio panning and other features for headphones or speakers)
  • Sound API Selection (multiple sound api’s available to help with potential sound hardware compatibility problems)
  • Turning Microsoft Spatial Audio On/Off (allows more control over the spatial audio for more immersive experience and audio troubleshooting for those having no audio output)
  • Added Steam Trading Cards, Badges, Backgrounds and Emojis

Gameplay Improvements

• Fine-tuned the Windtorn Ruins Escape Difficulty on Normal and Hard Mode
  • Fixed the ‘missing Kwolok’ issue
  • Fixed ‘Fallen Friend’ quest
  • Fixed issues with some NPCs disappearing from side quest locations
  • Fixed issues in Silent Woods connected to Ori’s moveset getting limited
  • Several Quality of Life improvements have been added to the Spirit Smash, Burrow and Grapple mechanics
  • Improvements and fixes to various enemy behaviors
  • Improvements and fixes to the completion counter: Area completion is affected only by the collectibles and optional challenges present in the area and global completion is affected by area completion, completing all quests, owning every Spirit Shard, and learning all skills from Opher. No longer does simply uncovering parts of the map while exploring impact the completion % of the area, in the interest of not being stuck hunting down the last few nooks and crannies left that have no real significance to the experience
  • Map fixes: Issues related to displaying icons on the map, fixing map alignment with the world, added ability tree icons to the map, added “complete” state to spirit trial icons
  • Numerous adjustments and additions to improve understanding of unlocking, engaging with and completing Spirit Trials
  • Small enemy distribution adjustments to Luma Pools and Mouldwood Depths post boss battles

Technical Improvements

• Further improved Performance and Stability on both PC and Xbox One family consoles
  • Fixed the ‘crashing on start’ issues
  • Fixed the outstanding problems with achievements not being granted
  • Fixed various potential sources of compatibility issues rooted in audio hardware and drivers
  • Improvements to reduce pixel aliasing and improve image quality in a variety of scenes
  • Issues concerning the Spirit Trials Leaderboards were fixed

Additional Fixes

• Fixed bugs with certain resolutions not displaying properly
  • Fixed invincibility after obtaining Seir
  • Fixed ‘Flash ability effect lingering’ issues
  • Fixed issues concerning skipping cutscenes
  • Fixed issues concerning players sometimes not receiving quest rewards
  • Improvements to localization
  • Fixed issues related to Backup Saves
  • Fixed button prompt issues
  • Fixed soft locks in The Wellspring
  • Fixed a number of asset pops and loading issues
  • Fixed a number of motion blur issues
  • Improvements to the Warp Mechanic
  • Map: Added quest list to the "All" filter
  • Fixed vitality shard having no effect while swap shard is equipped
  • Fixed Spirit Smash and Spike descriptors
  • Swapped default equipment assignment in Ku gameplay section to clarify the available moveset
  • Minor adjustment to Wellspring Spirit Trial to prevent players from skipping a majority of the trial in an unintended way
  • Added collapsing walls on the left and right of Mora’s first arena to prevent players from staying on the walls indefinitely once the escape portion has begun
  • After completing the ‘Hand to Hand’ quest, the purchasable map icon upgrades in Lupo’s shop are considered purchased to prevent players from wasting Spirit Light unintentionally
  • Fixed issue where small respawnable collectible orbs in water or sand would become unable to be collected on respawn
  • Fixed undiscovered Spirit Well being activated on purchase of Windswept Wastes area map
  • Out of bounds fix for Shriek boss battle

As always, thank you for your continued support. One of our goals has been to make sure Ori and the Will of the Wisps brings joy to as many people around the world as it possibly can, and we hope that we’ve brought joy to you.
Last edited by Woland; May 18, 2020 @ 3:42am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 309 comments
dreamit May 14, 2020 @ 9:13pm 
Thank you so much for accepting request. If there are more improvements, would you be willing to accept them?
爱gan九儿 May 14, 2020 @ 9:14pm 
My steam gave me a refund note. It's freaking me out
dkDolphino May 14, 2020 @ 9:17pm 
Trading cards hell yea
Sylveon™ May 14, 2020 @ 9:27pm 
Thanks very much for the update, Ori its my goty :acornori:
chomu May 14, 2020 @ 9:31pm 
Thank You Devs for your hard work! Keep it up :Djoe:
Girthworm Jim May 14, 2020 @ 9:41pm 
Heart still not fixed after that ending ;-;
jkjk but still ty for the update
thanks!
Sebastian May 14, 2020 @ 9:56pm 
I'm still having the glitch that doesn't load leaderboards for some spirit light runs after beating the AI ghost. It doesn't load the leaderboards for all players and if I try to start a spirit light run I can't move left or right, only jump and use abilities.
CervidaeAxis May 14, 2020 @ 9:58pm 
Fixed bugs with certain resolutions not displaying properly
I'm curious why there's been an effort to fix resolution-related bugs, yet still no proper support for any monitors that aren't 16:9. Blind Forest had the same awful letterboxing, I don't see why WotW must continue that trend.
Last edited by CervidaeAxis; May 14, 2020 @ 10:00pm
♓JJDaMan!♓ May 14, 2020 @ 10:01pm 
Yes! thank you for the latest patch notes!!
No.XI May 14, 2020 @ 10:04pm 
Thanks for the tireless work devs!

Not sure if this is the right place to address these bugs but:

-In certain sections of Baur's reach spirit burst defies gravity and keeps travelling in the initial direction it is lobbed.
-There is a strange bug in Baur's reach section where its a tall, vertical upwards bashing area after the wind currents soaring area where you have to spirit burst to reach higher sections, the wall spikes on the left can be jumped through and it teleports you down a few levels.
-First arena with Mora there is a weird bug where the energy jewels on the left and right occasionally cannot be targeted or attacked to grant energy cells.
-First arena with Mora the grapple vine occasionally cannot be grappled.
-Second arena with Mora the second grapple vine is sometimes missing.
-Third arena with Mora the energy jewel is sometimes missing.

Keep up the great work! Love WotW! Even on my 4th playthrough the tears won't stop.

internisus May 14, 2020 @ 10:17pm 
This patch looks terrific! Thank you!
Mekdi Kepci May 14, 2020 @ 10:30pm 
Please tell us, there will be Ori 3 in future
OriafK May 14, 2020 @ 10:37pm 
Originally posted by _:
Please tell us, there will be Ori 3 in future
I as a player who has passed the game, I think that it will not be ori. right now only Stalin will be reborn and help them with a new five year plan )
Last edited by OriafK; May 14, 2020 @ 10:38pm
Awo May 14, 2020 @ 11:32pm 
Thank you very much and your development team! :naru:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 309 comments
Per page: 1530 50